Council Bluffs drivers can choose between two potent engine options under the hood of their 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD: a standard Vortec™ gasoline-powered engine and a Duramax Turbo-Diesel. The standard Vortec™ 6.0L V8 generates 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. Max payload on the 6.0L is 3,534 lbs, and max towing capacity is 14,800 lbs. The available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 generates a class-leading 445 hp and a whopping 910 lb-ft of torque, making it a confident choice for Omaha drivers. Max payload on the Turbo-Diesel is 3,204 lbs, and 18,100 lbs is the max towing capacity.
Advanced Towing Assistance
With such impressive torque and payload capacities, it’s no wonder the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is a favorite among Council Bluffs drivers for towing and hauling. Chevy has created a full suite of standard and available enhancements to make towing simple and safe, whether you’re hauling a camper across country or transferring equipment to a job site.
- Standard Trailer Sway Control detects sway and helps to bring it back in line by applying the appropriate brakes; it can even initiate the trailer’s brakes with the available Trailer Brake Controller.
- Available Digital Steering Assist helps make trailering and hauling easier – the power steering system utilizes electronic controls to enhance stability and road holding at highway speeds.
- Available Diesel Exhaust Brake System helps preserve your brakes from wear and tear by reducing the amount of conventional braking needed.
- Available Fifth-Wheel Trailer Hitch features an easy drop-in design and is available as a dealer-installed accessory.
- Available Trailering Camera System can help you keep an eye on cargo and makes lining up your trailer and hitch a breeze.
The Latest Technology
As smart as it is strong, you’ll find the latest technology offerings inside the 2017 Silverado 2500HD. The available Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system features your choice of 7-inch or 8-inch color touchscreen display, wireless charging for devices, and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for connectivity on the go. Sync your smartphone to the Silverado, and you can make and receive phone calls using voice activation; plus, multiple USB ports make it easy to connect devices for music and charging. The new Teen Driver technology lets you keep an eye on the driving habits of employees and others you allow behind the wheel; you can set alarms to initiate if they travel above a predetermined speed, and you can view a report of which safety systems were activated during use.
Innovative Design Inside and Out
While the exterior of the 2017 Silverado 2500HD is designed to take on the worst the elements can dish out, the cabin comforts are sure to please the most discerning Omaha drivers. Dual firmness foam inside the seats make them comfortable and supportive for all-day drives, and thoughtful storage solutions such as upper and lower glove boxes provide a place for everything. Here are a few more design highlights:
- Sound-deadening materials and inlaid, triple-sealed doors keep exterior noise at bay, so you can enjoy a moment of calm.
- Controls are centrally located to put your most important functions right at your fingertips, and the buttons and knobs are designed to be operated easily, even with gloved hands.
- Forward-hinged rear doors make entry and exit from the rear seat easy.
Find your Silverado 2500HD at Gregg Young Chevrolet!
Council Bluffs drivers looking for an impressive pickup truck that offers incredible power as well as a finely appointed and comfortable ride will find everything on their list in the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. From safety to technology and all that’s in between, the Silverado 2500HD is loaded with everything you could want in a heavy duty pickup truck. Get in touch with the staff at Gregg Young Chevrolet to learn more or to arrange a test drive of your favorite new or used Silverado truck. You can reach us online or by calling (402) 572-8080. We’re here from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. We look forward to seeing you soon!