2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. 2017 GMC Sierra 1500
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is one massively powerful and exceptionally rugged truck, but it doesn’t just provide wild rates of horsepower. The new Silverado 1500 also offers a host of technologies to keep you and your passengers engaged, in addition to a slew of advanced safety systems to ensure a secure ride. Perhaps, though, it’s easier to understand what you’re getting with the new Silverado 1500 when it’s put head-to-head with the competition. Compare the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 to one of its rivals, the 2017 GMC Sierra 1500, and see for yourself what makes Chevy so special.
It should come as no surprise that the new Silverado 1500 is a titanically powerful vehicle, boasting astounding amounts of horsepower under the hood.
- The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – Even the Silverado 1500’s base trim promises a mammoth 4.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine that grinds out an incredibly responsive 285 hp and 305 lb-ft in torque (the best in its class!) while also ensuring that you get 18 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. Still, if that’s not enough, those needing to accomplish some really heavy lifting can opt for the Silverado 1500’s available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine that promises an unbeatable 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 – The Sierra 1500, on the other hand, is able to offer no more than 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, even when equipped with its upgraded 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 engine, which also only achieves 16 mpg in the city.
On top of all its muscular performance, the Chevy Silverado 1500 adds to its list of desirable qualities a bevy of high-tech luxury amenities.
- The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – Not only does the Silverado 1500 keep you connected with 4G LTE Wi-Fi and the advanced Chevy MyLink system, it also lets you keep your mobile devices fully charged with its smartphone charging station, the first of its kind in a full-size pickup.
- The 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 – It’s true that the Sierra 1500 also gives you OnStar 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, but it does not offer the Silverado 1500’s carefully constructed and dependable charging station, which means you may often find yourself losing connectivity before you reach your destination on those longer hauls.
Unbelievably, even with all the power and intelligence provided by the Silverado 1500, Chevy didn’t skimp on advanced safety offerings either; the new Silverado 1500 brings with it a wide range of safety tech aimed to keep you and your crew safe and never sorry out on the open road.
- The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – In addition to a reliable assemblage of airbags and four-wheel disc brakes with Duralife Rotors, the Silverado 1500 also features OnStar telematics with an automatic crash notification and Chevy’s patented Teen Driver mode that lets you limit vehicle speed and audio output for young drivers.
- The 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 – To be sure, the Sierra 1500 also comes embedded with a suite of airbags and a selection of safety devices, but it does not offer the assistance of OnStar telematics, nor can it provide parents the peace of mind found in the Silverado 1500’s Teen Driver safety system.
Price & Overall Value
Perhaps best of all is that the unbeatable performance and dependability of a Chevy can be yours for a more agreeable price than competing models such as the GMC Sierra 1500.
- The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – MSRP from $27,585
- The 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 – MSRP from $28,205
Explore the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at Gregg Young Chevrolet Omaha!
Although by now the choice is certainly clear, maybe you’re still looking for further evidence of this Silverado 1500’s undeniable superiority. If so, simply stop by Gregg Young Chevrolet, located at 17750 Burt St. in Omaha. You can also contact us online or by phone at 800-951-5257. Don’t wait another moment to explore all the rugged power of the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, currently in stock at Gregg Young Chevy. Visit us today!