2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Utility
Ready to get the job done? The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500‘s utility lets you conquer any job around Omaha and beyond. Thanks to its range of available bed and cab configurations, powerhouse performance specs, and overall versatility, the Silverado is one comprehensive vehicle. Take a closer look at what you can expect in terms of utility, and then make your way to Gregg Young Chevrolet Omaha to take this pickup out for a ride!
One size certainly does not fit all – any seasoned pickup truck driver will tell you that. That’s why the 2017 Silverado 1500 is available in a variety of cab and bed configurations. No matter the job and specifications you need, there’s a Silverado for you:
- Cab options: Two-door regular cab, four-door extended cab, and four full-size-door crew cab
- Bed sizes: 5-foot 8-inch short bed, 6-foot 6-inch regular bed, or 8-foot long bed
Depending on the configuration you choose, you can take advantage of a range of box cargo capacities from 53.4 cubic feet with the crew cab with a short box to 76.3 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the regular cab with a long box.
Engines and Capabilities
There are three different engines available with the Silverado 1500, each of which offer different capabilities in terms of towing and payload. Depending on what you need your truck to accomplish, you may not need maximum power – or you may need all the power you can get. Here’s what you can expect from each setup:
- 4.3L V6: This engine produces 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, has a max payload of 1,980 pounds, and can tow up to 7,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8: The next engine in the lineup generates a stronger 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. In term of capabilities, it can handle a payload of 2,430 pounds and tow up to 11,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8: The most powerful engine available can pump out a solid 420 hp and 460 lb-ft or torque, in addition to managing a payload of 2,160 pounds and towing up to 12,500 pounds.
Additional Utility Features
In addition to its undeniable brawn, the Silverado also has the brains to back it up. The 2017 model is available with the kind of versatile utility features that would be handy on any job site – or simply on the open road! Here are a few standout utility features:
- Trailering Package: This package includes a trailing hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, 4-pin connector, 7-wire harness connected to 7-way sealed connector, and automatic locking rear differential.
- OnStar Guidance Plan: Enjoy a three-month trial of this plan, which features Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Advanced Diagnostics, and more.
- Hill Descent Control: This features, included in the Z71 Off-Road Package, uses antilock braking to provide a controlled descent regardless of the terrain.
- Stabilitrak: Stay in control during your drive thanks to Proactive Roll Avoidance, Electronic Trailer Sway Control, and Hill Start Assist.
Harness the Power of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Utility Today
Ready to roll out into the streets Council Bluffs with the toughest, most versatile truck out there? Head to Gregg Young Chevrolet Omaha to test out the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s utility features. If you have any questions or would like to set up a test drive, contact us online or by phone at 800-951-5257.