2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Performance
When it comes to trucks, there’s one thing in particular that drivers expect from their pickup: powerhouse performance. The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can take on any challenge you throw its way. Whether you’re headed to work or going on an off-roading adventure, you can rely on your Silverado to get the job done. After you do your research on what to expect from the Silverado 1500, make your way from Council Bluffs to Gregg Young Chevrolet Omaha for a test drive – you won’t be disappointed.
At the heart of every vehicle is its engine. Each available engine on the Chevy Silverado 1500 has active fuel management, direct injection, and variable valve timing. Depending on which trim and configuration of the Silverado you choose, you’ll get your pick of three engines:
- 4.3L V6: Even the base engine is capable of producing 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. In terms of fuel economy, expect up to 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway.
- 5.3L V8: Move up to the mid-level engine for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is rated at 16 mpg city and 23 mpg highway.
- 6.2L V8: If you’re in need of optimum power, choose the 6.2L V8 for 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. This muscular engine is still capable of reaching up to 15 mpg city and 21 mpg highway.
The base engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, as is the 5.3L engine – on the latter, however, you can also opt for an available eight-speed automatic. The eight-speed option comes standard when you go with the 6.2L engine. You can expect the following from your Silverado’s transmission:
- Tow/Haul mode makes towing heavier loads more manageable.
- Powertrain Grade Braking improves handling when driving downhill.
- Cruise Grade Braking automatically slows down the truck when it exceeds the set cruise speed while driving downhill.
Additional Performance Features
While the engine and transmission make up the backbone of the Silverado 1500’s performance, there are plenty of other features that add to its raw power. Despite its size, the Silverado provides its drivers with easy handling. You can expect an independent front suspension and two-stage multi-leaf rear suspension. The StabiliTrack Electronic Stability Control System also works to give you a greater sense of confidence and control on the backroads of Omaha.
Also aiding with the control is the Traction Control System, which helps the vehicle overcome any sort of terrain. You can rely, too, on Electronic Power Steering assist to help boost performance. Have a lot to haul? Even when you’re lugging a heavy trailer behind your Silverado 1500, the integrated trailer brake controller with antilock brakes has your back.
Experience the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s Performance Today
Ready to witness firsthand the ways in which the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500’s performance is so impressive? Then it’s time for a test drive. Contact us at Gregg Young Chevrolet Omaha to set up an appointment and ask any questions you have before visiting our showroom.